i have been watching this halloween marathon all day long
it started with the original halloween, one of the best horror movies ever made, then a bunch of lame-ass sequels, and now i am rewarding myself with Adam Arkin (H20).
fave Monk guest stars!!
- John Turturro- he is an amazing actor, i am consistently impressed every time i see him (which is something i can say about every other actor who will be on this list). he played Ambrose Monk, Adrian’s brilliant but agoraphobic brother, the Mycroft to Adrian’s Sherlock. he’s so sad and sweet and adorable- i can’t handle it.
- Adam Arkin- the first actor to play Dale J. Biederbeck III, aka Dale the Whale. for a long time he was overshadowed by Tim Curry (♥), the second actor to play the part… i saw Adam’s episode only once, before i was really into the show, and since i have a huge thing for Tim Curry (who was brilliant), i was kind of biased (read: completely blinded). anyway, i hadn’t ever seen the man in any other role, and when my curiosity got the better of me and i reinvestigated A) his episode B) other things he’s done, he very quickly made it to my List Of Favorite Actors.
- Tim Curry- duh. i fucking love him.
- Danny Trejo- had a relatively minor but very memorable part (bonus: it was in the same episode Tim Curry appeared in. that’s what we call a jackpot, babies!)
- Alice Cooper- i don’t really have to explain this one, do i??
- Meat Loaf- he was hilariously engaging as Rev. Jorgensen, the Voodoo Priest. just… oh my god. “Did you drink that?!”
i am not getting up at six am tomorrow to watch the only movie with Adam Arkin that is going to be on TV this week (on a channel i get). fucking bullshit.
hello, big fancy glass urn full of gumballs. also, how nerdy is it that i noticed immediately that this pic isn’t from the actual episode??? Monk was wearing his jacket in that scene.
dale the whale
… OH MY GOD, I AM TURNING INTO MONK.
inner voice: psshh, don’t flatter yourself, Kathleen.
i love all those ridiculous shows like monsters, tales from the darkside, tales from the crypt, and the twilight zone (not that the classic episodes were ridiculous… although some kinda were… the early episodes could actually be chilling on occasion)… part of the reason is the actors that will pop up on shows like that (Tony Shalhoub, Meat Loaf, Lee Arenberg, Richard Belzer, etc)… part of the reason is just because they’re awesome. take this episode of the Twilight Zone… it’s epically silly… and watch how Adam Arkin owns it.
i was so sad when Birch died and then Geiger left! =( that episode totally made me cry. btw i know that’s not a cap from that episode; just missing Geiger… does he ever appear again? i know he didn’t come back to the show, but it would suck if we never hear anything about him again. (still watching season 2 on hulu).